Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel / Office 365 / Dropbox Conflict

jma1979 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I believe this is the right place for this question.  Office 365 did an update overnight.  I was able to open files right from my Dropbox yesterday - suddenly today, I can not.  Excel crashes.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Excel / Office 365 / Dropbox Conflict

New member | Level 2

I was trying to open directly from Excel and from Windows Explorer with the Dropbox App installed on a Windows 7 machine and neither was working.

But either way, the problem seems to have resolved itself overnight.  Both are working now!

I'll keep an eye on it and see if the problem comes back. Thanks for responding!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @jma1979, welcome to our community!

I’m assuming that you’re opening these files directly from your online Dropbox. What exactly happens when you attempt to open a file? Does your browser crash? 

I would suggest that you try using different web browsers to see if the issue persists. I would also make sure that you have all your operating system updates, and that your web browsers are up to date. 

Also, check to see that there’s not an update to the 365 update that you got yesterday 

Let me know. 
Cheers! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I was trying to open directly from Excel and from Windows Explorer with the Dropbox App installed on a Windows 7 machine and neither was working.

But either way, the problem seems to have resolved itself overnight.  Both are working now!

I'll keep an eye on it and see if the problem comes back. Thanks for responding!

View solution in original post

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
@jma1979, that’s great to hear! Thanks for letting me know. 

Have a great weekend

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?