cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Online Can't Save Workbook Please try again in a little while

Excel Online Can't Save Workbook Please try again in a little while

doug o.1
New member | Level 1

I"m trying to save a file with a new name and can not do it - tried different machines and users that share the excel file and no luck. Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Re: Excel Online Can't Save Workbook Please try again in a little while

Mark
Super User II

Have you given it time as it said?

Do you have enough quota? www.dropbox.com/account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

doug o.1
New member | Level 1

Hi. I've got over 800gb of open space - it's been at least 30 minutes and still won't "save as"

Mark
Super User II

If you are using Excel online it shouldn't be hard drive space - is it not saving to the cloud?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

doug o.1
New member | Level 1

thanks - I'm using excel online and that's how much space i have open on dropbox  ; )

Still not saving...it's been longer than a little while lol and yes it's supposed to be saving to the cloud as far as I know...

doug o.1
New member | Level 1

While logged into dropbox online, the only thing i can do is copy the file and past into the same directory, then rename it. It works for now however it would be nice to understand why save as isnt functioning

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

doug o.1 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?