cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Will Not Scroll through Sheet Tabs While in Landspace Mode on iPad

Excel Will Not Scroll through Sheet Tabs While in Landspace Mode on iPad

BE Power Equipment
Explorer | Level 3

I am having an issue were when viewing an Excel spreadsheet on an iPad, as soon as I go into landspace mode I am unable to scroll through the excel sheet tabs at the top. I can scroll in the sheet, but not through the multiple tabs that are on the sheet. As soon as flip the iPad from landspace to portrait it starts to work again. Dropbox is updated to the latest version 204.2 and iOS is on the latest version of 13.7

Seems to be a bug with how Dropbox works on an iPad, as all other applications I am able to scroll horizonitally when in landspace mode, without issue.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Re: Excel Will Not Scroll through Sheet Tabs While in Landspace Mode on iPad

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @BE Power Equipment, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you clarify for me how you're opening the file from Dropbox in Excel? Are you opening the file initially in the Dropbox app, or directly from Excel?

Also, can you let me know if restarting your device helps at all?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BE Power Equipment
Explorer | Level 3

It is opened directly through the Dropbox app and no a restart of the device does not help. It consistently does not work when viewed in landscape mode, as soon as the iPad is turned back into portrait mode, it works.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @BE Power Equipment, if you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the Dropbox mobile app and the Excel app (if installed), rebooting the device, and then reinstalling them to see if this helps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?