Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel files close down

kibera New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, when I open a synced excel file allocated in a dropbox folder, it closes down immedately. After trying several times it finally opens. I have identified that closing dropbox in my computer it makes everything works fine. Can you help me?

5 Replies 5

Re: Excel files close down

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @kibera  - sorry to hear you're having issues with Microsoft's Excel program. 

Can you please let me know if you can reproduce this problem at the moment? 

I'd suggest making sure that the desktop app states 'Up to date' (which means your files are fully synced) first and then try again. If you're still having this issue, does this happen for a specific file or all of your Excel files? 

If you get an error at some point, please forward me a screenshot so I can have a visual too. Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

It happens always with complex macro files. But it also solves trying several times. There is no error message. It just closes and once I reopen it offers me to recover the file. Is there ant log file I can share with you?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for this additional and crucial piece of information @kibera - it really helps a lot!

In order to completely remove the Dropbox badge from your Excel spreadsheets and return normal Excel functionality, you will need to turn off the badge completely from the Preferences menu on the desktop app by following these steps:

• Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray or menu bar
  • Click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar
  • Select "Preferences"
  • Click on the Dropbox badge dropdown menu and select "Never show"
  • Restart Dropbox by clicking on Dropbox > your profile picture or initials > Quit or Exit Dropbox.

You'll then need to start Dropbox again so it can continue syncing your files normally. You should no longer see the Dropbox badge on any of your documents which could cause such issues and should also see Excel start to behave as expected.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Walter

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Thanks a lot Walter. I did as you mentiones, but unfortunately this did not solve the problem.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @kibera - most appreciated!

I've just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can investigate further.

At your earliest convenience, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?