cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel iPad SLOW opening files

Excel iPad SLOW opening files

VikingFan1961
Explorer | Level 3

For some unknown and recent reason (this didn't happen until a couple of weeks ago), when I try and open certain Excel files from Dropbox on my iPad in Excel it litterally takes minutes (several!) to open the file. This does NOT happen on my iPhone, they open quickly there. This only happens with Excel on my iPad and am using a licensed version of Excel 365 app. Help!

3 Replies 3

Re: Excel iPad SLOW opening files

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey VikingFan1961, that’s an interesting report, as you’ve mentioned that you’ve isolated this issue to being specific to your iPad. Let’s get going with some initial checks & we’ll take it from there!

• For starters, can you make sure that you’re running the latest version of the Dropbox app on your phone (114.2) & have you made all OS updates? Additionally, it would be ideal to ensure that you’updated your Excel all to the latest available version. 
  • Secondly, are you getting any error messages? I’d appreciate it if you sent me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what you’re seeing in your next post here, so that we check what’s happening together & send you the most relevant next steps.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

VikingFan1961
Explorer | Level 3

OK, so I am running all current versions of the apps and iOS (just updated to iOS 12 to see if that would help....no). Also there are no "error" messages when opening the file in Excel, but it first says "Downloading from Dropbox" and then "Working on it". Total time this mornign to open the file, 1 minute, 4 seconds.

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply on this discussion here VikingFan1961

Let me have a closer look on your setup & examine one of the files that’s causing this delay through our Official channel. In order to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email on my end, so as to check on one specific example. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?