cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I save multiple photos from Dropbox to the camera roll on my iPhone?

Can I save multiple photos from Dropbox to the camera roll on my iPhone?

ajthen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way to save multiple images to my camera roll all at one time on my iphone. I am using drop box a lot but have to click on every image and view it individually before I can save it to my camera roll.  This is incredibly time consuming. Is there any way using the app or website to just click the folder and move it to my camera roll?

43 Replies 43

krisgent
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello @Jane 

Sorry, my english is not too good, I didn't really understand what you mean.. Do I have to "submit a help request" ?

I found out another strange thing, following with screenshots again:

1. Selecting images in dropbox app.

20p4meb

2. In the "Dropbox" folder, while I'm exporting to my phone, you see a few images already there.

2rw6zwk

3. But in the actual gallery there is only 1 image..

sgqs2c

Don't understand.. Maybe I simply have a problem with my phone? After Nougat android update?

Looks like my phone doesn't "recognise" dropbox files anymore..

Thank you for your time and help!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
 Hey @krisgent

Thanks for the detailed reply and the screenshots, I appreciate that a lot! 

I was able to go through the same steps with you, please let me clarify below. 

Seems that the issue you have experienced is because the gallery does not recognize the new Dropbox folder that was created to store the downloaded photos. The files are exported to your device as expected, though the pictures may not appear on your gallery. 

To get past that, you‘ll have to go to your My files” folder on your mobile and choose to Move” your downloaded pictures inside your DCIM or any other folder that is also reflected on your gallery. 

Hope this is helpful to you. Please keep me updated on how this works for you here!

Kind regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Colw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why can't I do what I was able to last time I used dropbox? Its difficult to export to my device. I need a lot of pictures for a christening for a friend . 

Can you put Dropbox back to normal p!ease.

Colw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

just so you know , any menu i use or try to use that used to work are all dulled out and dont work. Its as if you have stopped us on purpose from moving our pictures to another device , it doesnt matter which item in a list that i try it always defaults to anly moving or sharing a picture with dropbox. which is actually no good when i need them on another device to use for something other than looking at them on dropbox, its getting very annoying now.

As you can see by the time im posting this , iv been trying for hours to do what normally takes a couple of minutes. why have you changed the menus so we cant do what we always have?

If its not put right ill be deleting my account and spreading the word of a dishonest company holding peoples photos for ransom on facebook, instagram twitter and any other public reaching site i can register with. this is totally out of order and even morally criminal.

krisgent
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello @Jane

Thank you, I did it! And this time I saved 2 images, they appeared on my gallery after 10 minutes or so.. But then I tried to save 6, it doesn't appear even after 1 hour.. Agan, theoretically it IS there, but in real - not.

I guess it can be something with transfering problem? Or maybe something with internal storage? I'm really out of thoughts 😞

2iszb7c

f2kleu

Thank you!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @krisgent and @Colw

Thanks for your cooperation, I appreciate that a lot! 

I was able to locate your support tickets and I've made sure that these have received a reply on our official support channel, so please feel free to include any additional information on your open request there, in order to have this oresolved as soon as possible. At your convenience, please check your inbox for our latest message and let me know here if you're unable to find it.

Hope you have a great weekend ahead! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Ilovechris123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This feature I think would really help my Dropbox experience becuase I need to save over 100 photos and it's hard and will take a long time if I have to save it one by one.

ishbog
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, this feature is absolutely necessary on iPhone. 

I will begin using google drive, just because as an internet marketer, I often (daily) need to move batches of images to my phone for instagram/social media posting. This can only be done, so without this feature, Dropbox simply does not cut the cake for internet marketers.

Unless this feature is added soon, I will be forced to use another application due to my (and others) required business infrastructure.

Thanks!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ishbog

I understand that the sorting functionality must be quite important to you and I'd be glad to suggest an alternative approach. 

Have you thought of using Dropbox alongside with this app? It works well with Dropbox and it'll help you accomplish the organization of your photos for your social media updates. 

I hope this is helpful to you, hope you have a great weekend ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

supergap
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's silly. Who did design this app? I'm disappointed. I will use some other kind of cloud. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Bunny1234 Explorer | Level 4
    walid_tawfik Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?