cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ez Expense Manager files are not syncing between my iOS devices

Ez Expense Manager files are not syncing between my iOS devices

DP25
Explorer | Level 3

Ez Expense manager files not syncing on iOS. Was working ok in Android (Samsung G Note 3 & Tab S2) since change to iPhone 11pro & iPad 11pro they are saving /working on two separate databases. Both have original files from Samsung sync but new files created on iPad won’t appear on iPhone and vice versa. Saving database and reloading doesn’t change things and Dropbox chooser only finds latest file saved by the respective machine seem to be now running two independent databases under one log in. Why ? Have Dropbox app on both. How do I get them to use the one database .

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hello @DP25, I hope you're well today!

Just so I can have a better idea of the situation here, can you let me know how you're opening and saving the files on your iOS device? Are you saving the files back into the Dropbox app once you've edited them?

Also, where are you seeing the edited versions of the files? Are they within the Ez Expense Manager app or the Dropbox app?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DP25
Explorer | Level 3

I have turned signed the apps into my Dropbox account and selected sync with Dropbox in the sync settings menu. Initial startup on both brought up my previous version created on my previous android phone and tablet that synced ok. Developer says sync won't work on iOS but seems not bothered to correct it. Tried to manually select the file using Dropbox chooser after downloading the Dropbox app on both iPhone & iPad. But the iPad I'd done changes on brought back the changed version but phone stuck with original version. When look at files on Dropbox app iPad shows original old database but one new file current day amended version but iPhone shows original files plus one created when I loaded app up and closed it which is original database file resaved. Although both signed into same Dropbox account.

DP25
Explorer | Level 3

Originally within the app was trying to use the built in Dropbox sync option. Then tried the upload and download options (assume Dropbox as signed into it). Then tried Dropbox chooser option which is linked to Dropbox as asks for Dropbox app to be downloaded to the device. I am using the Dropbox app to find the files. From more trials it would appear it is saving iOS files along side the original database files folder and not inside with the original files. Have since managed to find the updated iOS file on the other device and upload it manually. Haven't tried yet to amend it and resave it manually to retrieve back to device originally created from. Don't know whether the devices will stay locked to the new location I've pointed them to or default back to original app settings.

DP25
Explorer | Level 3
Hello Daphne. Update.
Seems the Dropbox app on iphone is not looking at the same iOS files as the one on the iPad. Both logged into same account and both devices using same Apple ID. Seems Dropbox chooser only works on android although can see and select iOS file it doesn’t download. Doing iOS backup and retrieval doesn’t work either. They are creating their own individual set of files. The two apps ez expense manager and Dropbox are creating separate areas in file manager and can’t find iPad files via the iPhone don’t know where iCloud is backing up the information as can’t find it. Seem to have reached a dead end. Both devices can view original file database created in android which they started with but have gone their separate ways since.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for all the additional info @DP25!

Would you mind just clarifying for me exactly what you're referring to regarding the Dropbox chooser? How are you looking for the files to upload them to Dropbox?

Since the Ez Expense Manager can't sync your files directly to your Dropbox account, the best method I can suggest would be to upload the current version of the file that you want to Dropbox with these steps.

Then, to work on the file on your device you can export the file to the Ez Expense Manager app. Once you've finished working on the file you'll need to reupload it to Dropbox with the steps above.

This would keep the file you access from Dropbox in sync on your connected devices.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DP25
Explorer | Level 3

Forget the Dropbox file chooser in ez expense ...  cause seems only works for android. Can't see choosing and importing / exporting files from Dropbox will work be when both devices are looking at different Dropbox file lists ( although logged into same account. The iOS files are different. No option to set in ez expense........   where it is uploading and downloading files. The two devices apps for ez expense.... and Dropbox are working in their own little worlds within iOS and neither the Twain will meet. Options within ez expense... are "iCloud backup" with export/ import to csv or "Dropbox sync" which includes connect/disconnect from Dropbox, upload/download (no choice of destination), upload/download csv, open Dropbox chooser. Using csv file it only uploads each account individually within the database which is not worth doing with four accounts currently in database. According to another review I've just seen they say it won't upload csv as well as database in iOS. They were able to email but data was mixed up and didn't import correctly. This review was three years ago so seems developer has abandoned trying to support iOS. Think main problem is not being able to sign in/set Dropbox as a storage/cloud account within iOS like I could google. Then it would be accepted as a single account within iOS, using with the downloaded app seems to treat them as two separate individuals. Can't see how to add Dropbox as cloud storage as can only add email accounts .

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

I see, sorry that I can't be of much more help with this @DP25.

The only thing I could really suggest here would be to reach out to the Ez Expense Manager dev team and see if they have any further suggestions on how to get this working. 

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help out. Please feel free to drop a post here anytime.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    DP25 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?