cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature request] Can we have offline FOLDERS?

[Feature request] Can we have offline FOLDERS?

Mike Q.4
New member | Level 2

Is there any plans to add functionality to allow Offline viewing of FOLDERS and not just FILES? Dropbox competitors have this built in, I use it quite a bit, and can not deploy Dropbox without it.

Help...I am, looking to upgrade to paid account but this is a show stopper. Thank you for your time

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Offline FOLDERS

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi all

Offline folders is now available for Pro and Business users! You can read more about it here: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/9279

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

I doubt you will see that in the mobile app, its been asked for for ages.

Ruslan I.1
New member | Level 1

Yes, this would be really awesome feature. That's the only reason i'm not upgrading to paid dropbox account. I'm waiting to see if MS release something similar for their OneDrive app.

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

Dont hold your breath, MS had that in OneDrive and removed that with Windows10

Teresa H.14
New member | Level 1

Same here - I'd really appreciate it if we could make FOLDERS available offline and not only FILES. Any chance you could build this in, Dropbox?? Thanks!!

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

Again dont hold your breath, it has been asked for and ignored with regularity

Tom L.29
New member | Level 1

So much for being able to access my book library on all devices. There's no way I'm going through hundreds of files to make them offline. guess I'll have to dust off the ol' USB cable and copy the files myself. 

Teresa H.14
New member | Level 1

@Tom L. - what do you mean by using the USB cable and doing it yourself? Is there a way one can move the files on the iPhone with a USB cable? Thanks!

Tom L.29
New member | Level 1

@Teresa H. I don't have an iphone. I plan to copy my files to my android tablet but I don't see why you couldn't do the same on an iphone. I've copied media files to itunes on my ipad with a usb cable.

Sachiv M.
New member | Level 2

what about iCloud - is that a better paid(although more expensive) option? Only issue is sharing things with people not in Mac or iOS...they allow offline saving of folders(as does sugarsync- but that isn't integrated with Office for iOS, so i might stop that too)

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    Spencer S.1 New member | Level 1
    Alexis G.1 Super User
    Grant C.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?