cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File list resets after a few seconds

File list resets after a few seconds

Åkersberga B.
New member | Level 2

When I open our first mainfile, with a lot of files in it, it just closes and opens other documents. Whats happening? I can not reach my files!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Files on computer are different than online, can't seem to sync two accounts

River
Dropboxer

Hi All,

Thanks very much to those who sent in the information about the network tab and console tab. It was extremely useful. I was able to track down what appears to be the resulting issue and have reported it to our engineering team.

They are working on getting a fix out, so please be patient with us and if you can please continue to use the Dropbox desktop client or moblie app to access those files.

Thank you very much for your patience and responsiveness for this issue.

View solution in original post

Re: Files on computer are different than online, can't seem to sync two accounts

River
Dropboxer

Hi All,

Our engineering team would like to check to see if this issue is now resolved. Would you all check to see if your files no longer flicker in and then out on the website?

Please let me know if this is now resolved. 

Thanks!

Re: File list resets after a few seconds

River
Dropboxer

Thanks for the confirmation konsoleuser. We're not seeing any futher reports of this and everything appears to be working as expected.

Thank you again to everyone who assisted with troubleshooting and reporting this issue. Please keep reaching out about stuff like this on the community. Happy Holidays!

33 Replies 33

Re: When I open our first mainfile, with a lot of files in it, it just closes

Rich
Super User II
You need to provide more information about the problem and what you're doing. Are you opening the file/folder on your local computer, or in a browser on the Dropbox website? What, exactly, are you clicking on when this happens. Any error messages?

If this is happening while on the Dropbox website, then try to clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser. If you're opening the folder or file on your local computer from within the Dropbox folder, then you should look to your computer for possible causes as Dropbox doesn't open your files; it's just a folder on your computer like any other.

Åkersberga B.
New member | Level 2

I open in dropbox website, and I´ve tried two different browsers wiith the same result. 

I have a mainfile and normally, when I click on it it opens a lot of other files. In two seconds I can see them, but then it turns to a lot of other documents that I don´t know where they´re saved.

Åkersberga B.
New member | Level 2
No error messages

Folder dissapears when open main folder

cjxblade
New member | Level 2

When we open a shared folder the first ten or so folders are there for a second and then just dissapear. They are in the dropbox program folder on the pc they were created on but the same pc looking on the web has the same problem. Ive checked the log and nothing has been deleted and also searched on here but dont seem to have come across anyone experiencing the same problem. The folder is shared between four people , two with pro and not sure on the other two but would imagine that is basic.

Any ideas whats happening.

Can't see all files in some folders on Dropbox using browser

kat634
New member | Level 2

The problem persists in several computers and in OS X Mavericks as well as OS X Yosemite, in Firefox, Chromium and Safari. It also occurs in the latest iOS version of Safari. As an example: I have a folder for images taken with mobile devices. Some of the enclosed folders contain several thousand images. When I open one of those folders in a browser, the list of files appears as it should, but after a few seconds, it resets and displays only some of the images. The first 100 or so images are cut off, and the scroll bar is at the top of the view port, so there is no way to scroll "up" any further to see them. Refresing the window brings the first files in the list back into view, but only for a few seconds. To the best of my recollection, this problem is very recent.

I'd like to be able to access my files without difficulty from various computers using a browser when necessary.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

See Files then 1 second later half of them are gone. I can see them on my phone, but not on mac.

LauraJo
New member | Level 2

See all my files then 1 second later half of them are gone. I can see them on my iPhone, but not on mac. So I deleted dropbox and reinstalled, same problem. Then tried another mac, same problem.

Betreff: See Files then 1 second later half of them are gone. I can see them on my phone, but not on

DB_rooky
New member | Level 2

Same here: part of the folders disappear after 1 sec.

But this only applies for internet view via dropbox.com.

On tablet or desktop all files and folders are still visible and accessable

Folders are even searchable and accessable in internet view.

Thanks for your kind advice! 

Rich
Super User II
A couple of people have reported similar behavior, so I'm merging the threads into one.

Re: Folder dissapears when open main folder

CMcFerran
New member | Level 2

Seems to be happening me too.... particularly on my "Camera Uploads" ... i.e. There are a number of Sub-folders (on my Laptop & viewable on my phone) but when I access on web-browser they appear briefly but them quickly vanish!

This happens on both Chrome & IE. Whats up guys????

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

River Dropboxer
    konsoleuser Explorer | Level 3
    yutz New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?