cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

File sort not alphabetical

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am seeing the web interface is not sorting a list of folder names alphabetical as they should be.  I verified that my sort icon is correct yet the list of folders is not properly sorted.  The screen shot here shows the list is not entirely alphabetical.  The folder named   personal_cdrive   is last when it should be immediately after the kg8400 folder.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards

-Kevin

12 Replies 12
Highlighted

Re: File sort not alphabetical

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm seeing the same thing, not sure what's up but a lot of folders and documents are not listing alphabetically  -  kind of frustrating, any work being done to fix this?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issue as well, although only when using the web interface.

Using IPad app, the sorting is correct.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am having the same issue with the web version.  It just started in the last few days.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Ditto the above comments, folders not listing in alphabetical order on the web version, this just changed in the last two weeks or so. What changed and is something being done to fix it?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

A response to this issue would be appreciated!  This is a basic function and is making dropbox very annoying to deal with on the web version!  Is this issue being addressed?????

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Is this issue being addressed?????

If you're looking for a response from Dropbox Support, then you need to open a ticket. This is primarily a user-supported forum.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same issue, I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago. I have a folder with 54 subfolders. They alphabetize at the top from M-Z, then after Z comes A-L. These contain audio files, and today someone I shared the folder with notified me that one track was missing from each of ten different subfolders. I didn't remove them. Where did they go? 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

For me it's actually the opposite. Online the files are sorted correctly i.e. alphabetically. However on my iMac, in the Finder window, they are out of order. If i change the sorting rule to Date Created or Size then it resorts them correctly. But when i go back to Name, they are incorrect.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

However on my iMac, in the Finder window, they are out of order.

Dropbox doesn't have anything to do with that. It doesn't (and can't) change the sorting behavior of your operating system.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?