Been a basic user for years. On Win 7/64. Been uploading all week by drag and drop in Windows Explorer. Then tonight, when I tried to add a file to a shared folder, it would say it was uploading but the time remaining would never change (such as 3 minutes left). I tried the same thing on two different machines - same result.
So for the time being, I uploaded the file using the web interface. No problem. in fact, Dropbox even downloaded it back to the folder on all my machines.
So I used Revo Uninstaller to completely uninstall the desktop app and deleted the folder on the desktop. Then reinstalled the app. Looks like it installed 72.4.136 but then very quickly updated itself to 73.3.100.
Still having the problem - nothing will upload with the desktop app.
(also tried uploading to various shared folder and even turn off norton autoprotect and firewall - no difference.
.... and of course, power on and off the router, cable modem, and the pc. All other uploads such as Filezilla work fine)
Followed your information and turned off early releases (which have been the default for years since I never remember turning it on). I'm back on 72.4.136. Hopefully that should fix the problem.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Sorry to say, the problem continues. I just dragged a file to a dropbox folder with Windows Explorer. The file is 635 MB. My speedtest.net says my upload speed is 42 Mbps. About 30 min have gone by and the time remaining when I hover over the icon stays between 1 and 2 min remaining. I had no problem using the web interface uploading that file which took about 2 min and 15 secs.
I did try that. The first 650 MB file seemed to upload OK. Then I tried a slightly larger file, 1.53 GB and it got stuck uploading with a status of between 4 and 14 minutes remaining (through the web site it should take about 4 or 5 minutes at my upload speed). I waited about 15 to 20 minutes and then finally cancelled.
Also keep in mind, I am getting the same result on both my Dell desktop and Dell laptop (both win7/64).
Bandwidth was set to automatic limiting. This apparantly is the setting done during installation since I never set or changed it. I set it to "Don't Limit" and was able to get the 1.5 GB file uploaded. Let me run with these setting for a while and if I have any issues, I will let you know.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!