cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files accessible form everywhere except my computer.

Files accessible form everywhere except my computer.

Pauline28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

Recently I created folders with documents inside on the browser version of Dropbox. When I got back home these files were not synced on my computer, but they are accessible from the app on my phone and my tablet. 

i desinstalled Dropbox from the computer and reinstalled it but it didn't change anything.

I will also add that I only use 20% of my 2.2 Go and that the files I added are just some PDF and Word.

Thank you !

Pauline

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Pauline28 wrote:

Recently I created folders with documents inside on the browser version of Dropbox. When I got back home these files were not synced on my computer, but they are accessible from the app on my phone and my tablet.

What are the names of the files? If they have any characters in their names that would be considered incompatible with your operating system, they won't sync. In such a case, rename the files to remove any unsupported characters and the files will sync.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Pauline28 wrote:

What are the names of the files? If they have any characters in their names that would be considered incompatible with your operating system, they won't sync. In such a case, rename the files to remove any unsupported characters and the files will sync.

Pauline28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you so much, that was indeed the case, but I didn't think about it as the browser version didn't complain about the characters. i will see if it indeed worked when I use my computer !

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pauline28 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?