cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files have now not been syncing for months.

Files have now not been syncing for months.

pk2020minoo
New member | Level 2

I noticed numerous documents waiting to sync, however never definitely syncing, I've validated that my Basic account has sufficient space available. When checking Selective Sync, after waiting for it to load folders, I come to be getting an "Unable to attach" message. I actually have the right credentials and can hook up with the internet site. Uninstalling and re-putting in did no longer paintings, however now it simply says syncing and has no indication of how many files there are. Rebooting the PC, nevertheless no move. Verifying time and date at the PC show it is accurate. Deleting .Dropbox.Cache did not paintings. Selecting any other, clean, Dropbox folder region results in best the .Dropbox.Cache folder and .Dropbox report performing, however not anything else. Unlinking and reconnecting didn't fix it. Resetting hard hyperlinks and permissions (Alt-H options) failed to fix it. Trying on distinct Windows 10 PCs was the identical. Turning off the anti-virus and Windows Firewall had no impact. I'm at a lack of what else to try.

3 Replies 3

Re: Files have now not been syncing for months.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @pk2020minoo, thanks for reaching out to us and awesome work with the extensive troubleshooting.

Just to make sure that I have a better visual of what you're seeing as well, could you send me a screenshot of:

• What comes up when you hover over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock?
  • The "Unable to attach" error message when you navigate through your selective sync settings?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

raf897n
Explorer | Level 4

Hello there I am also facing this issue. The clock time is a problem might be of weak cell another thing is I am using windows 8 so is it compatible with it or not?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @raf897n, thanks for posting on the Community!

Windows 8 is a supported platform for the Dropbox desktop application. Could you try settings the clock to the correct time ,or have it automatically set to the right time zone to see if this helps?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?