cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finder Bug: Mac 97.4.467 Causing Finder Refresh Problem On Wake Up - Once Again

Finder Bug: Mac 97.4.467 Causing Finder Refresh Problem On Wake Up - Once Again

anotheruserhere
Helpful | Level 6

Hello- DB has had this problem before on the Mac and it's back again.

Bug Description: When waking from Sleep, Finder takes ~1min to refresh. Desktop will not scale, Cmd-Tab does not refresh, Files Do Not Refresh - Basically, the finder does not refresh.

Setup: DB v92.4.467 on Mac OS 10.14.6 - 100% reproduceable on multiple machines with multiple configs. In common: Integrated Graphics (not discreet).

Steps to reproduce: Load up Mohave (10.14.16), Load DB, Put machine to sleep and wait 5min. Upon wake and login, you'll see the desktop image does not scare and other finder non refresh problems. Wait about a minute and the finder will refresh. If you quit drop box and repeat prior steps, you will notice there is no finder refresh problem. I've tried this on a clean install and the same problem exists.

Please fix.

Thx.

4 Replies 4

Re: Finder Bug: Mac 97.4.467 Causing Finder Refresh Problem On Wake Up - Once Again

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @anotheruserhere, thanks for messaging the Community!

I assume you're referring to the latest verison of the Dropbox desktop application, since you have an older version mentioned in your post?

Since we're not experiencing this on our devices, could you contact the support team directly at this link when signed into your account for them to investigate this in more detail? Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Finder Bug: Mac 97.4.467 Causing Finder Refresh Problem On Wake Up - Once Again

anotheruserhere
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't tell you if it's the latest or not because this is what dropbox installed and I don't see anywhere to force an update.

And just to double check: You're telling me that you loaded this version of the client (since I don't seem to have control over which version DB loads on my machine), loaded up 10.14.16 and tested this? I'm assuming so since you said DB does not see this problem.

Thanks.

anotheruserhere
Helpful | Level 6

Actually, I just went and looked at the dropbox changelog... 97.4.467 is the latest production/stable build. All the others are beta.

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 8.51.14 AM.png

Jay
Dropboxer

On our test devices, we haven't noticed any issues, which is why I recommend contacting the support team directly via the previous link.

They'll be able to assist further from there on.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    anotheruserhere Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?