cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finder Toolbar

Finder Toolbar

Michel G.7
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

First of all, I am French, so forgive my clumsy English 

Yesterday, I noticed that the Dropbox Icon was missing from finder toolbar (on each window). Replaced by a question mark (?).

I dragged it from the finder toolbar but I did not find the way to get it back (disappeared from customise finder toolbar also).

I uninstalled (😬) then re installed Dropbox, but no way to have this (kind of) extension back.

Can you help ?

Best !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Finder Toolbar

Daphne
Dropboxer
No @Michel G.7, I've taken the relevant actions from my side regarding your feedback for the support you received for this issue.

If you have any other questions, then you can just drop me a post here!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Michel G.7
Explorer | Level 4

That is what is missing (srteenshot done own another computer where this problem does not occur).

Dropbox Finder Toolbar.png

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @Michel G.7, thanks for posting!

Can you just confirm for me the OS version of the computer you took the screenshot from, and the version on the computer you're not able to see this icon on anymore?

Also, what does the app's status show at the moment on the device having this issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Michel G.7
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you,

The screenshot in witch the Dropbox shows normally in the finders toolbar has been taken on an iMac running with Catalina.

The one not working properly : Big Sur  😢

I don't know what you mean by : "what does the app's status show at the moment on the device having this issue?"

It was running.

The icon was replaced by a functional question mark (?) that I removed from the finders toolbar, but the Dropbox icon  was no more in the Finder toolbar customisation (that is present on the Catalina iMac I mentioned).

As if something was missing in Dropbox (extension?).

Am I the only one having this issue ?

All the best.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming @Michel G.7.

When you have the time, please check out the info here, and let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Michel G.7
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you very much,

It means that this item (icon, and functionalities un finder toolbar) is note supported in Dropbox, is that correct ?  😳

All the best…

Daphne
Dropboxer
Yes that's right @Michel G.7, just this icon in the Finder toolbar.

Is there a specific action that you'd like to us from there, that you were using in the previous Mac OS versions?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Michel G.7
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you,

Well…
I’d prefer that the official support could be more efficient (contrarily from your detailed answer, I only had a non relevant answer to my ticket).
All the best.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for your feedback @Michel G.7.

Would you mind letting me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) so that I can check on this from my side? 

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Michel G.7
Explorer | Level 4
😢
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    Michel G.7 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?