cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Finder and Dropbox desktop app not showing file preview

Finder and Dropbox desktop app not showing file preview

DerekKelly
Helpful | Level 6

Hey guys,

I just recently switched from Google Drive to Dropbox for Business. Finder on Mac OS 10.14 Mojave and the new dropbox desktop app won’t show file previews of my files, just the Apple default preview logo.

However on the iOS app and on the web file previews show.

This is a big deal for me because google drive offers this. My team has to have this or we won’t continue to use Dropbox.

If anyone has any solutions please advise.

I tried closing and opening the app and force quitting using activity monitor.

Best

Derek

16 Replies 16

DerekKelly
Helpful | Level 6

I do and all folders are set to online only.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Oh... I see. I'm up to here. 😞 This is known problem, but without stable solution still, I think. One workaround would be for files, you need most, status to be changed to available locally. Probably Lusil's could be able give further advises.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for all the troubleshooting effort you put into this, peeps! :grin:

@DerekKelly, I've sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to have a better look into this. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rafavillena
Explorer | Level 3

Hello. I have the same problem and this solution did not resolve it. 

mac os 10.13.6 DropBox 80.3.119

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hello @Rafavillena

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Could you let me know if you see a change in behavior after installing the latest version of the desktop app (79.4.143) and then rebooting your device?

To do this, you'll first need to uncheck the box to "include me in early releases" in your General tab on the website and then install the desktop app. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Erick Torres
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same problem, I just migrated to Dropbox but I can't see the preview, if this continues I will have to leave Dropbox.Screenshot_2.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Erick Torres, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Out of curiosity, does the preview show up when you make the file local?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?