cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder made available offline not downloading

Folder made available offline not downloading

CraiulLup
Explorer | Level 4

I have a folder in my Dropbox that contains ~9627 files and ~50 GB, which is under the 10000 files/100GB limit imposed by Dropbox for Offline folders.

When I try to mark this folder as Available Offline on my phone, I get a notification from my Dropbox mobile app saying:

"We can't make this folder available because it contains more than 10000 files"

But as seen in the attached, that is simply not the case.

folder.jpg

If it makes any difference, my mobile is a Huawei P20 Pro and I currently have 116 GB of free space on it, so that should not be an issue either.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Folder made available offline not downloading

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @CraiulLup, if you’d like to mark a post as a solution, go right ahead. :sunglasses:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
It maybe worth logging a ticket CraiulLup as I'm wondering if it is actually counting the folders as part of the 10,000 (which I know the help article does not state, but combining your files and folders does take you over that 10,000 limit).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CraiulLup
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Mark,

Thanks for giving me the idea. I looked into that by removing some of the folders so the total count stays under 10000.

Then I went into the app again and it started trying to reload (blue icon) and then stopped (red icon).

The error shown was the same, folder contains more than 10000 files.

Here's the actual folders and files count for that folder, we I know that's not the case.

folder2.jpg

CraiulLup
Explorer | Level 4
I sent a ticket to the Support team via email, if that's what you meant.

Thanks Mark!

Mark
Super User II
It is yes - you have done all of the testing I would do here if I'm honest (I'm not a Dropbox employee so can only advise on things), but it seems to be under the 10k limit and you tried the folders thing so we can rule that out.

Looks like a possible bug.

Just as a side note, once you've logged the ticket you can track it at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lusil
Dropboxer

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to locate your open request from my side and I can see that a colleague has gotten back to you there. Please check your inbox for their latest message. 

Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CraiulLup
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Lusil,

Thanks, I am working with Eldwin on that 🙂

Should I mark this as closed or can you?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @CraiulLup, if you’d like to mark a post as a solution, go right ahead. :sunglasses:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    CraiulLup Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?