cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free storage not awarded

Free storage not awarded

z789393d
New member | Level 2

Hi

I got an invitation a long time ago. Now finally I created an account, installed the desktop application, uploaded first files and verified email. I have not received my 500MB and neither has the person who invited me. I did the process twice deleting the account just in case. Can you please tell me what I did wrong or add the 500MB to both of us? Thanks

2 Replies 2

Re: Free storage not awarded

Rich
Super User II

@z789393d wrote:

I got an invitation a long time ago.

Were you sent an invitation to join a shared folder, or was it actually a referral? Only referrals are awarded bonus space, and only when the Dropbox application has been installed on a unique computer (mobile devices don't count). Being invited to join a shared folder isn't the same, and no space is awarded for that. If it was a referral, the person that sent it to you can check its status in their account page.

Re: Free storage not awarded

z789393d
New member | Level 2

guao, so fast. Impressed.

It was a referral/invitation.  

He finds my email in the invitations he snt, and he gets now the message that "his invitation was never accepted, and that sorry I am now using Dropbox". Which is true but hoping we could both benefit.

The invitation link showed error. Maybe the link was too old but he could not re-invite me/re-send the link so I registered the new account thinking if he cannot send me an updated invitation the system must recognise the original invitation.

I tried with the Dropbot but t failed to provide an answer. Thanks

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

z789393d New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?