cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrations with Dropbox for Windows 10 (S)

Frustrations with Dropbox for Windows 10 (S)

Scott S.75
Explorer | Level 4

I sent this as feedback and it was suggested I post my comments here.

I just installed Dropbox for S Mode and at first glance it's a really frustrating tool to use. Trying to move files to other folders. Can't just drag and drop a file to a folder unless it is right next to the folder (can't drag and scroll) and then only one file at a time. Selecting multiple files to move by clicking the Move icon takes you back to the root folder so you have to navigate all the way down every time. (And none of the icons tell you what they do until you click on them. No hover help at all.)
And the icons of photos are too tiny to see, no way to make them bigger that I can see.
Can't seem to open more than one window where you could drag files between windows and folders.
I was hoping it would create files and folders on my Win 10 system so I could use Windows Explorer to move things around.

Also what is S Mode? No idea.

Scott

1 Reply 1

Re: Frustrations with Dropbox for Windows 10 (S)

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Scott S.75, thanks for dropping by our Community to share your thoughts on this. 

Our app for Windows in S mode is closer to our mobile app than the desktop one as it doesn't actively store files and folders on your device. For more information on this, you can take a look here

If you'd like to use the desktop app instead, you'll need to switch off S mode on your device and then download the Dropbox app for Windows 10, assuming that your device is meeting our minimum requirements for the desktop app in the first place. 

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any question, Scott. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?