cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Started - not getting credit to obtain bonus

Get Started - not getting credit to obtain bonus

Shelia C.
New member | Level 1

I am not getting "Credit" for the last item to get the bonus 250 MB space.

Dropbox is NOT DETECTING that I have installed their software on my computer.  How can I get it to recognize this?

I also invited a friend to share a folder but again dropbox did not recognize this either. I have done enough to get the 250 MB bonus.

7 Replies 7

Re: Get Started - not getting credit to obtain bonus

Mark
Super User II

Have you installed on a computer? Note that tablets and mobile devices do not count nor does installs from App Stores - it must be from www.dropbox.com/install 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Shelia C.
New member | Level 1

Of course I did that to install on my MacBook Pro....about 3 times.  "Getting Started" did not recognize the install although I see it on my computer as a folder. 

What now?

Mark
Super User II

With the account you are logged in to now can you see the MacBook pro at https://www.dropbox.com/account#security ?

My guess is you actually have two accounts by accident - one with the MacBook pro on and one that you are trying to complete Getting Started with. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Shelia C.
New member | Level 1

I went to your link and my computer is listed under the dropbox account. Is there a way to contact dropbox to rectify this?

Rich
Super User II

Marie T.3
New member | Level 1

I have downloaded pics, and sent them out to friends, but am not getting credit so I can earn the 250 MB Bonus.

Elise B.4
New member | Level 1

I did the steps to Get Started, but they're not checking off the list. And I did not get 250mb free space.

Windows 7, Chrome, and Gmail

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Elise B.4 New member | Level 1
    Marie T.3 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Shelia C. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?