cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Get a blue screen every time i try to print an excel sheet from drop box

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Every time we open a standard Excel 2016 XLS worksheet or CSV that is stored on DropBox, Excel seems to open the file and then crashes. When we try to open the XLS again, the XLS opens perfectly and has the Excel recovery window showing the original file that failed.This does not happen for XLS files that are stored on the SSD of the laptop so must be something to do with storing the file on DropBox? We are using selctive sync in our DropBox environment and this problem has only started happening in the last week or so.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Get a blue screen every time i try to print an excel sheet from drop box

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Lina13

Can you just try quitting the desktop app and try open one of the Excel files from within the Dropbox folder again to see if you get the same behaviour? If you're not familiar with quiting the app then you can follow the steps below:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar/system tray.
  2. Click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. From the menu choose "Quit Dropbox".

If doing this doesn't cause any crashing that you mentioned above, can you let me know what version of the desktop app you have installed?

Let me know how it goes and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?