cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

New iOS version today says I can now get rid of the Preview pane but HOW? Waited so long for this and now I can't work out how to do it!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maple
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Ian,

The feature is still rolling out. You'll see it soon as a X button in the top left of the preview pane.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

View solution in original post

87 Replies 87

Maple
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Ian,

The feature is still rolling out. You'll see it soon as a X button in the top left of the preview pane.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

Emilio1997
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi
Its very simple you Just have to go to on the bottom right to account then you click the little gear and in there is the option to hide it

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Ok so I’m confused. So despite the app update telling me the facility is available, it isn’t?

how will it “roll out”? Do I have to wait for another app update?

thanks

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Sorted! The cross only seems to be visible in portrait mode, although the change persists when you switch back to landscape. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear your sorted this out @Ian_A6!

Just a quick note on this is that this option is available for iOS's v.92.2 onwards and some of our other improvements include a better text file support since the previewing is improved and we also introduced text editing for more than 120 file extensions! 

Thanks for using our iOS mobile app and have a great day ahead! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Walter wrote:

... we also introduced text editing for more than 120 file extensions!

Is there a list of those extensions anywhere?

DavidZ
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Are you still seeing the X only in portrait orientation? Which tab are you on (Home, Files, etc), and is there a file open in the right pane? If so, what type of file is it?

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

yes. open any document by clicking on the left-hand side list and the X should be visible on the right-hand side. If not just rotate to portrait mode. The state seems to persist until you fully close the app - when you re-open the app you have to do this again, which hopefully they will give an option in future (although given how long it took to get this done, I wouldn't hold your breath) 

DavidZ
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the response Ian - I'm specifically asking whether the X disappears for you in landscape mode. If so, any other details would be appreciated so that we can investigate, as we haven't been able to reproduce this issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frater Helpful | Level 5
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    MatthewC328 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?