cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

New iOS version today says I can now get rid of the Preview pane but HOW? Waited so long for this and now I can't work out how to do it!!

87 Replies 87

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

The X appears to be present regardless of the orientation now although this definitely wasn't the case initially - it's too obvious to have been missed.

Thanks

DavidZ
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know! I think it might just be because the feature was still rolling out so you caught the update while the app was running, but anyway I'll definitely keep an eye for this.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Rich I am looking into this and I will make sure to update this thread once I get my hands on more specific information about this. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Rich,

You will see improved preview (using a monospace font and adding support for speed scrolling) and introducing text editing for the first time for these filetypes:

ADA, ADS, AHK, APPLESCRIPT, AS, ASM, AU3, BAS, BAT, BB, BMX, C, CFG, CLJ, CLJS, CLS, CMD, COB, COFFEE, CPP, CS, D, DBA, E, EFS, EGG, EGT, EGT, EL, ERB, FOR, FRM, FRX, FTH, GED, GM6, GMD, GMK, GML, GO, H, HPP, HS, HTA, I, IBI, ICI, IJS, INC, ITCL, JAVA, JS, JSFL, L, LGT, LISP, LUA, M, M4, ML, MRC, MSQR, N, NB, NCF, NUC, NUD, NUT, P, PAS, PHP, PIV, PL, PL, PLI, PM, POL, PRG, PRO, PS1, PS1XML, PSC1, PSD1, PSM1, PY, R, RB, RC, RDP, RED, REDS, RESX, RKT, SCALA, SCI, SCM, SCPT, SCPTD, SD7, SDL, SH, SKB, SKD, SKF, SKI, SKK, SKM, SKO, SKP, SKS, SKZ, SLN, SPIN, STK, SWG, SYJS, SYPY, TCL, VAP, VB, VBG, VBP, VBS, XPL, XPL, XQ, XSL, Y.

- that's probably not all 150 - but I can see these being all the new ones. I'm working on adding them to the "File types that preview as text" section here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/file-types-that-preview . But they are also editable now.

Many thanks!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Awesome. Thanks, @Ross_S!

piperjames
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello David Z - as this is a year after the posts above, I'm not sure if you will see this.

I have the same issue Ian had - I'm using an Ipad Pro running IOS 12.2.  I like Dropbox, it's great.  But when my Ipad is on it's bluetooth keyboard, by necessity, as the connectors are on the bottom, it is in landscape mode. When in landscape, on each folder and file, the box with options doesn't show. I have to click on each one and it only does one at a time. However, when I turn my Ipad to portrait mode, instantly in a flash all the boxes appear and it's a million times easier and faster  to check and move the files into folders (I've got over 14,000 still to examine and move so it matters to me how quick this process is).  But the thing is, I can't use my bluetooth connector keyboards if I need to keep the Ipad upright in Portrait mode. Just wondering if there is a way around this - getting it to be teh same in Landscape as Portrait on Ipad Pro 12.2. Thanks much! Kind regards 🙂 

DavidZ
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@piperjames - I tried a few things that I thought you might be describing, but don't see anything off. Can you post a screenshot of the problem you're seeing?

piperjames
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello David, yes I am happy to do so. I will take video of Ipad A with Ipad B and post it, if this site permits that, because then you can see it in real time.  Thank you! 😉

wonton46
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Since updating my iPad Pro to iOS 13.1, I have been unable to close the pop-up window on the right pane. There used to be an 'x' to close the window but not anymore.  Consequently I am unable to allow the list of files to be full screen. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @wonton46:taco:

Welcome to Community and thanks for reporting the issue you are facing here. 

What version of Dropbox you have there? 

How much space is left in your iPad device?

As a first step please reboot your device and let me know if things get better after that.

Thank you! :nerd:

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frater Helpful | Level 5
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    MatthewC328 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?