cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get this app off my computer

Get this app off my computer

Getthisappoffmycomputer
New member | Level 2
I bought this PC second hand. I dont know what Dropbox is and I dont use it. It was already installed on this PC and I cannot uninstall it. It doesn't even give me a prompt or anything. I click Uninstall and NOTHING happens. This app constantly uses between 20-30% of my CPU at all times and nothing I do seems to have any effect on it. I cannot contact customer support because I am not a paying customer, nor the holder of the account of whoever downloaded this app on my PC before I bought it. How do I get this app off my computer?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Get this app off my computer

Getthisappoffmycomputer
New member | Level 2
FINALLY

I have solved it on my own. I simply needed to open task manager and end all dropbox processes BEFORE attempting to Uninstall, as that was causing the prompt saying the file was open in Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/uninstall-dropbox

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Getthisappoffmycomputer
New member | Level 2
This action cannot be completed because the file is open in Dropbox.

I have tried all methods of Uninstalling and NOTHING works.

Getthisappoffmycomputer
New member | Level 2
FINALLY

I have solved it on my own. I simply needed to open task manager and end all dropbox processes BEFORE attempting to Uninstall, as that was causing the prompt saying the file was open in Dropbox.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Getthisappoffmycomputer New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?