cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error 400 when using a third party app

Getting an error 400 when using a third party app

Bholcombe
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am currently using an app to record lectures and then I upload them to my drop box.  This is the second semester I've done this so I know it works.  This evening when I was trying to upload the recordings I kept getting Dropbox.com error 400.  What does this mean? I've tried two different recordings and neither are uploading.  HELP. Everything is up to date and I just did a backup this evening trying to solve the problem.

15 Replies 15

gill5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

what do you mean developer of the app?  I just load up the app onto my iPad and use it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@gill5 In that case it sounds like you're a user of the app, not the developer. The developer is the person who creates the app and releases it on the App Store. You'll need to contact support for that app for help with it.

bookaholixanon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can understand upgrading DropBox, making it work better for all users, etc. but why on earth would DropBox developers "upgrade" it in such a way that would immediately cause things to break in a huge number of existing apps that use DropBox? How is that supposed to help users of DropBox? (hint: it does the very opposite)

gill5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I know who to contact?  It is the dropbox app on the apple app store.

So what do I do?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@bookaholixanon Thanks for the feedback! I'll send that along to the team. For reference, we of course didn't want to break anyone, but Dropbox continuously works on improving the functionality it offers, which sometimes requires deprecating and retiring older versions.

When we do need to do that, we always try to give as much warning and time to migrate as possible. For example, in this case, we announced that API v1 would be retired over a year ahead of the retirement date in order to give developers time to migrate their apps. Unfortunately, not all apps have been migrated.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@gill5 You shouldn't be seeing a 'v1_retired' error from the official Dropbox iOS app itself. You may see a warning in the official app when linking the third party app though.

In any case, there should be a "Support" link on the App Store page for whichever third party app you're trying to link to/use. That should go to the developer of the app.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    gill5 New member | Level 2
    bookaholixanon New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?