cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back to using Dropbox for free

Getting back to using Dropbox for free

Blingsetter
New member | Level 2

I was sharing videos with colleagues and signed up for monthly payments to dropbox.  However, that project is over.  I want to go back to free dropbox with less storage space.  How do I do that?  

Also, how can I tell how much total memory my files are taking up?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting back to using Dropbox for free

Rich
Super User II

You can see how much space you're using on your Account page. To downgrade your account, use the following link:

The downgrade page will also show you how much have, how much you will have if you downgrade, and how much space your files are using. If you're over quota after downgrading, syncing will stop until you're back below quota.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

You can see how much space you're using on your Account page. To downgrade your account, use the following link:

The downgrade page will also show you how much have, how much you will have if you downgrade, and how much space your files are using. If you're over quota after downgrading, syncing will stop until you're back below quota.

Blingsetter
New member | Level 2

Thanks.  I was able to see my total memory useage by going into the account.  I see that I have over 2GB memory, but I cannot see how much each file is using.  Can you advise me as to how I do that?  Also I suspect that the reason I have over 2GB is that the videos are still being counted, because it said I could reload them after I deleted them.  Is there some way to totally expel them from my list and thus clear out that memory load?

Rich
Super User II

Blingsetter wrote:

I cannot see how much each file is using.  Can you advise me as to how I do that?

Click the Members column header a few times to cycle between multiple options, including Size.

2056ef13f9859f26cc05c10f3017a1d9.gif

Also I suspect that the reason I have over 2GB is that the videos are still being counted, because it said I could reload them after I deleted them. Is there some way to totally expel them from my list and thus clear out that memory load?

If you've already deleted them, they're no longer counted in your data usage. Deleted files, even those that can be recovered, do not count against your quota.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Blingsetter New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?