cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting message on my phone to add "kmPlugins.zip.tmp" to my Dropbox.....what is it?

Getting message on my phone to add "kmPlugins.zip.tmp" to my Dropbox.....what is it?

terry b.7
New member | Level 1

I am getting a message (twice now) asking me to add "kmPlugins.zip.tmp" to my Dropbox (on my android phone). Has anyone any idea what this is? Is it a file which it's trying to sync? Something I should ignore?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting message on my phone to add "kmPlugins.zip.tmp" to my Dropbox.....what is it?

DaniP
New member | Level 2

I guess it'd be safe to say that all of you on this thread have either rooted, or attempted to root your phones using kingroot, correct? Because that's the app the plugins are intended for.
-Your Welcome
--DaniP

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Re: Getting message on my phone to add "kmPlugins.zip.tmp" to my Dropbox.....what is it?

Kaz
Dropboxer

Where are you seeing this message? Is it a notification in Dropbox or is it a notification in the Android platform?

terry b.7
New member | Level 1

The notification is on my phone - on the android platform.

Kaz
Dropboxer

I would be very careful with this, it would seem like it is malware. I'm afraid this is outside of Dropbox's control, but I hope you are able to keep your device safe.

terry b.7
New member | Level 1

Have you any idea what has caused this? - or how to remove it? How would it associate itself with the Dropbox app?

Kaz
Dropboxer

I'm afraid I have no insight into what has caused this. It could potentially be anything you have installed on your device.

Anything running on your device can "offer" files to any application that can accept those file types.

Jorge Alberto B
New member | Level 1

To me the message that the plugin install Dropbox also appears to me is it an official plugin and safe? I have no installed yet.

(A mí también me aparece el mensaje de que instale el plugin para Dropbox ¿es un plugin oficial y seguro? aún no lo he instalado todavía por miedo)

Kaz
Dropboxer

Hi Jorge, I'm not sure which plugin you are speaking of. Do you mean Dropbox for Gmail, a chrome extension? This is an official Chrome extension, and completely safe.

If you are speaking of a different plugin, could you post a screenshot of the what you are seeing so I can have a better understanding of the plugin.

Stephen S.43
New member | Level 1

I just got this same notification on my Android phone.  Starts with Dropbox logo so it looks like it comes from them.  Says Tap to add kmplugins.zip.tmp to your Dropbox and view it anywhere. 

This  is the second time.  I'm afraid to tap. 

Kaz
Dropboxer

Hi Stephen.

Dropbox can offer to upload files to Dropbox that have been downloaded to your phone, so the message sounds like it is from Dropbox. However Dropbox did not download the file to your phone. If you feel comfortable doing so, could you provide a screenshot of the notification you are receiving?

Could you also please confirm which version of the Dropbox app you are running, which device you are using and which version of Android you are running.

Thank you!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Keith F.4 New member | Level 1
    willlie s. New member | Level 1
    Stephen S.43 New member | Level 1
    choice g. New member | Level 1
    Diego O.2 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?