cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "An error occurred" message when trying to save files from Gmail to Dropbox

Getting "An error occurred" message when trying to save files from Gmail to Dropbox

JenHoward
New member | Level 2

Hi everybody: This has been happening for a couple of days. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Dropbox Chrome browser extension. Also tried clearing my cache and restarting my Macbook. No luck so far. Anyone else having this problem? Fixes to suggest? 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Re: Getting "An error occurred" message when trying to save files from Gmail to Dropbox

MJenne19
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I have been having the exact same issue on my HP Envy.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted.... all the things, with no change.

Re: Getting "An error occurred" message when trying to save files from Gmail to Dropbox

JenHoward
New member | Level 2

So frustrating! I guess I'm glad it's not just me. 🙂

I've been in touch with Dropbox Support via Twitter, and they're suggesting this:

"Have you tried restoring Google Chrome to its default settings, and remove all plugins installed at the moment, and then re-enable Dropbox for Gmail?"

That is a pain but I'm going to try it.

Good luck!

MJenne19
Explorer | Level 3

Ooohh let me know how it goes

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?