cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of "Get the Most Out Of Dropbox" web & client

Getting rid of "Get the Most Out Of Dropbox" web & client

Martyn D.
New member | Level 1

As a returning user to Dropbox Pro, I'd like to ditch the helpful "Get the Most Out of Dropbox" reminders from both the client and web.  I can't see a way of doing this - only minimising the darn thing in the web.

9 Replies 9

Re: Getting rid of "Get the Most Out Of Dropbox" web & client

Drew H.4
New member | Level 1

Agreed. Super annoying to get a reminder badge for things I should be able to permanently disregard as part of an on-boarding process. 

Martyn D.
New member | Level 1

What I had to do in the end is send myself an invitation (to another email address I control) to connect and share, sort all that out, and then get rid of the extra account.  This benefits nobody.  It'd be nice to just dismiss the start-up prompts completely (or if people are really desperate for them - add them in the settings so it can be re-enabled).

Also: please consider allowing us to remove the Dropbox for Business ads in the web interface.  Most people are going to be aware of it anyway, but if they're using a paid Dropbox Pro account, how likely is it going to be they're going to sign up and pay for 5 users immediately straight away?

Junghwee R.
New member | Level 1

I am so annoyed by that tap too. I already have those all. Can't the dropbox detect already existing apps and all on my computer and mobile app?? What is the point really. Give me a clean, undisturbed window. Since I don't pay, I won't complain about the ads, but that freaking tap is really ridiculous!

Martyn D.
New member | Level 1

I'm also a bit hacked off that whenever you share a link, you're interrupted - I mean prompted - to sign-up or sign-in to Dropbox if you've not already got an account.  That's all well and good, but again, this should be a user (the one sharing the link) option, and not forced on anybody else.

In the good old days before Dropbox thought to try and make things easier, the link was presented, nothing popped up, and the user could go ahead and download.  The sign-in/sign-up options were there - but not thrown in your face.  Now get that infuriating pop-up.  Please make this an _option_.

If Pro is intended to serve as an advert or step-up for the Business product, it's sure as heck putting me off with all these helpful pop-ups and such (strange to be saying that, but it's true - sometimes these things can be more of a hindrance than a help).  Please let me decide what I and my colleagues can and can't see.  I don't want the mollycoddling.

jaime p.2
New member | Level 1

Yes, PLEASE remove this. I signed up for a 2nd (paid) account and not only is this stuck at the top of the screen asking me to do steps I have no intention of ever doing, it is set to "fixed" so even if I scroll it still sits there... taking up space.

Please introduce an option to turn this off. Do not need/want to be baby sat through sign up process.

Thanks!

Seb C.
New member | Level 2

Wow, just bumped into this too! This is terribly annoying!

@Dropbox Just add a simple "Got it!" next to "Minimize" and don't force us to see this if we "got it"...

William H.38
New member | Level 1

I hate to do a "me too" post. I use Dropbox for my own personal use and I'm paying at the Pro level with the extra payment for unlimited versioning, I'm not stupid and I can recognise that the functionality I am being prompted to "discover" is of no interest to me. It is annoying to be forced to look at the banner or jump through hoops to make it go away. Give at least the paying users some credit for having the brains to recognise the features of Dropbox without the annoying self advertising. I GET IT, now get rid of the stupid banner

vargalas
New member | Level 2

it's extremely annoying.

MKG2
New member | Level 2

How many times must I see "Congratulations, you've created your first folder." Ridiculous. I see it's 4 years later, and nothing has been done to remedy this. How hard can it be? An if/else JS???

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?