cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the icon and ability to copy links from the taskbar

Getting the icon and ability to copy links from the taskbar

lowtechman1
New member | Level 2

Just installed dropbox on new laptop. But I dont see the icon on the right of the taskbar where it would show me recent additions and then I could copy and paste the links to them. How do I get this feature back ?

1 Reply 1

Re: Getting the icon and ability to copy links from the taskbar

Rich
Super User II

@lowtechman1 wrote:

Just installed dropbox on new laptop. But I dont see the icon on the right of the taskbar where it would show me recent additions and then I could copy and paste the links to them. How do I get this feature back ?

I'm assuming Windows... Did you install the full desktop application, or the Dropbox app from the Microsoft store? Only the full desktop app gives you the icon in the system tray that will launch the Dropbox application. The app in the store is meant more for tablets and mobile devices, or devices running Windows S Mode.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?