cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail Add on login screen failure

Gmail Add on login screen failure

hbaffes
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

I am running Mac OS 10.15+ and just installed the gmail add on to be able to save attachments directly to my dropbox account. 

When I click on the dropbox icon in gmail, it offers me the option to sign in or create a new account.

If I click on sign in, the screen goes into a loading spinning wheel that never ends.

I have the dropbox Safari plugin installed and working fine concurrently with the issue I am having with the gmail add on.

I do not see gmail listed in the Connect Apps list in my dropbox account, so I can't "disconnect" and "reconnect". I tried installing latest java software and rebooting without success.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Re: Gmail Add on login screen failure

Not applicable

Hello @hbaffes!

I recommend that you clear your browser cookies and cache. Then after you are done, clearing your browser cookies and cache, reinstall the Gmail add-on. I have provided step-by-step instructions below:

1) Clear your browser cookies and cache:

Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More (Button with Three Dots).
  3. Click More tools 
     Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Microsoft Edge:

• Open the new Microsoft Edge and then select Settings and more  > Settings  > Privacy and services.
  • Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
  • Under Time range, choose a time range.
  • Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.

Firefox:

1. Click the menu button and select Preferences.
  2. Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
  3. Click the Clear Data… button. The Clear Data dialog will appear.
    • Cookies and Site Data (to remove login status and site preferences) and Cached Web Content (to remove stored images, scripts, and other cached content) should both be check marked.
  4. Click Clear.

2) Re-install Gmail Add-on

1. From your Gmail account, click the white plus sign (+) icon on the righthand sidebar. When you hover over the plus sign, you’ll see “Get Add-ons.”
  2. Search for Dropbox for Gmail. Select it.
  3. Click Install.
  4. Follow the prompts. You may need to log in to your Dropbox account if you aren’t already logged in.

The Add-on will appear in your Gmail account on the righthand sidebar, above the white plus sign (+) icon when you open an email with attachments or with Dropbox or Google Drive links.

I hope this helps!

----------------------------

HeartDid this post help you? If so, please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so, please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so, please provide some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder, so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?