cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail app for iphone/ipad will not give option to attach Dropbox files

Gmail app for iphone/ipad will not give option to attach Dropbox files

KristiBK
Explorer | Level 4

I have enabled Dropbox in my Files app on both my iphone and ipad and downloaded Gmail for Dropbox add-in.  I now can attach Dropbox files if I open gmail in Chrome on my ipad and iphone, but the Gmail app offers few options (camera roll, recent attachments, Drive, and attach money) in attaching files, and I cannot figure out how to add to those options.

9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @KristiBK - how are you today?

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of what's troubling you so I can get a visual of the matter at hand too? 

Also, as you mentioned that you're having issues with the gmail app, have you contacted them to ask about this directly? 

While we're at it, if you've successfully connected this app to your Dropbox account, it should show up under your Security page on the "Connected apps" tab. Do you see it there? Can you dis-connect and re-connect this app to your account and see how it goes? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

KristiBK
Explorer | Level 4
How do I attach a screenshot to this reply?

Gmail is a Connected App.

I found more closely related issues in the Dropbox Community, so I thought I would start here. I also thought that Google would tell me that I should be using Google Drive instead.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

You can attach a screenshot from within your reply @KristiBK. Just click on the "Photos" button above the space you're writing your comment to do so.

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

KristiBK
Explorer | Level 4

I don't know how to answer the questions.  What is the source?  I have a copy of the screenshot in my Photos.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

In that case, could you upload the screenshot to your account and share a link to it with us @KristiBK?

Note that if, for any reason, you're having issues with this, you can always log a ticket with our team for more account specific assistance. Let me know the ticket ID so I can locate it on our system and get on it ASAP too if you like.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

timpaines
New member | Level 2

Attaching dropbox was there in ios 12 if you are not getting it updated. printer offline fix assist me to get that. through which i am uploading daily work.

KristiBK
Explorer | Level 4

I have logged a ticket:  #8799588.  Haven't heard anything yet....

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update Kristi - as I can see you're in direct communication with our team now, I've passed your comments there to expedite matters.

If you need anything else in the meantime, please let  me know. 

Oh, and have a great weekend ahead too!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

KristiBK
Explorer | Level 4

The Dropbox Team did not help me, telling me that I had to contact Google.  I can't figure how to do that.

But, I figured it out on my own.  Note that I downloaded the Dropbox for Gmail add-in in Gmail on my computer.  I made sure that Dropbox was enabled in my Files app on my iphone.

Then, this was where I got tripped up.  I could attach from Dropbox in Chrome on my iphone, but not in the Gmail app.  I finally shut off my iphone.  I could then attach from Dropbox, not on the attach symbol in the upper righthand corner, but in the ... symbol in the upper righthand corner.

Now, can someone tell me how to download a webpage from Chrome on my iphone into Dropbox in a recognizable format?  I tried adding the appropriate extensions, like .pdf and .jpg, to no available.  I can only open such files in Word.  I guess I could then export them from Word into a pdf file.  I haven't tried that yet, but there has to be a simpler way.

Thanks for any help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KristiBK Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    timpaines New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?