cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail in Chrome - "Recent Files" gone from Dropbox attachments

Gmail in Chrome - "Recent Files" gone from Dropbox attachments

opusman
Explorer | Level 3

I'm using Gmail in Chrome with Dropbox integration. This is the button I use to attach files from Dropbox:

opusman_0-1618350697243.png

This used to display a list with (I think) two tabs; one showed all files, and the other showed recent files. I use this all the time but in the last two days the Recent list has disappeared.

Does anyone know how to get it back?

3 Replies 3

Re: Gmail in Chrome - "Recent Files" gone from Dropbox attachments

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @opusman, and welcome to our Community! 

Can you send me a screenshot, of what you see when you click your Dropbox icon, on your email? You should be able to see a list with all of your account's content. 

Have you tried using the Gmail Add-on, to see if the same list appears there, or if the behavior is different? 

Let me know what you find!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

opusman
Explorer | Level 3

This is what I see. It does show all my Dropbox content, that's not the problem.

What I used to also see was another tab labelled "Recent Files" or similar, which showed me a quick list of recently modified files. That's what's disappeared.

opusman_0-1618382289083.png

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @opusman, thank you so much for your screenshot, much appreciated. 

Same thing happens on our end, which means this has been recently changed, since you used to see it in the past.

However, thanks for sending along your feedback on this, and noticing! I’ll be sure to pass this along to the dev team.

If you have any other ideas, we're always here.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    opusman Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?