cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Reader - connect with Dropbox using AppleID

Good Reader - connect with Dropbox using AppleID

GeorgB
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I just tried to connect Good Reader (latest version!) on my iPad with my Dropbox account. I used AppleID to create my Dropbox account. Since there is no option in Good Reader to connect to my Dropbox account via AppleID (only Google and e-mail adress+pw are available), I have no clue how I could connect Good Reader with Dropbox to sync files. Does Good Reader require an update? Or is it up to Dropbox to add AppleID option to sign in? Do you maybe have any other solution? My "@privaterelay.appleid.com" addy with my AppleID-pw does not work. Thank you!

Georg

9 Replies 9

Re: Good Reader - connect with Dropbox using AppleID

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @GeorgB, thanks for messaging today!

The Apple ID option should already be available on the Dropbox site to sign in normally.

I'd first recommend contacting Good Reader for further assistance since you're attempting to connect to Dropbox from their app.

Let me know what info they provide!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GeorgB1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

I just deleted my account created with Apple ID, because I can't use it with Dropbox. New account, new username but same person!

This is the reply from Good Reader's support team:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm honestly not sure if the option to sign in to Dropbox using your Apple ID is possible through GoodReader, but we'll look into it and see if that's a feature we can support in the future. We're always interested to know which features and improvements our customers want added to GoodReader most. I'll be happy to forward your comments to our development team for future consideration.

I hope, this is helpful!

P.S.

I attached the log in-screen. As you can see, it lacks the Apple ID option. Since I am from Austria, it is in German.4E47FB05-ADA2-4CC9-A5BD-C148EAC8CEBE.png

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info. Since this could be a restriction from Good Reader, there isn't another option that I can suggest at this time, since Dropbox does offer the ability to login using the Apple ID.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GeorgB1
Explorer | Level 3

One more info, Jay: I connected my MS Word app on my iPad with my Dropbox yesterday. There neither was an option to log in via Apple ID. Maybe the lacking Apple ID option is not just a Good Reader issue?

Best regards,

Georg

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update. To look into this in more detail, would it be okay to contact you directly at the email associated with your forum profile? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

GeorgB1
Explorer | Level 3

Sure!

Jay
Dropboxer

I've responded to your message. Please could you reply back when you get the chance.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

GeorgB1
Explorer | Level 3

Sent you a reply by e-mail from l.c......@pro......l.com.

Please find attached the login screen for Dropbox in MS Word for iPadOS.

5456F7AE-30E7-444F-B1E9-ECB397D3A79E.png

GeorgB1
Explorer | Level 3

Both e-mail addresses are in line now.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GeorgB1 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?