cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Google Docs Can't sync your changes. Copy your recent edits, then revert your changes.' error

'Google Docs Can't sync your changes. Copy your recent edits, then revert your changes.' error

daveaudio
New member | Level 2

We use Google Doc files created through Dropbox for a lot of our work. Over the last few days, multiple instances of these files across multiple users and systems have been randomly displaying "Can't sync your changes. Copy your recent edits, then revert your changes."

If we try to revert we get sent to a Google login page and when we try to log in the login page just refreshes. We can't continue working on the document.

I've tried duplicating the document in Dropbox but the same error persists.

As a workaround for now we've copied and pasted the document content into a Google Doc located inside Google Drive and the issue doesn't seem to persist.

I believe something has changed on the Dropbox or Google service that is causing this error between the two services.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @daveaudio, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This does look like a Google Docs error, but it's strange you only see this in Dropbox.

Are multiple people working on the same file at the same time, when this happens?

What if only one person edits it? Do you see the same?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?