cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Google Docs + Safari - not working

Google Docs + Safari - not working

mstgrv
Helpful | Level 5

I'm trying to use Google Docs with Dropbox and I'm having issues with Safari.

I've created a doc, but when I go to edit it, Safari says:

"Google Sheets needs access

Google Sheets needs to authenticate your session. Please allow cookie access for Google Sheets by clicking here.

Learn more to allow access to third-party cookies."

So I click the "here" link to allow cookies, but then I get the following message:

"Cookie access failed

Without cookie access, Google Sheets cannot authenticate your session. Please allow access to continue to Google Sheets by clicking here."

Clicking "here" in this case does nothing.

Using Chrome, everything works fine, but I'm stuck with these errors on Safari. There's no 3rd party cookies setting I can see in Safari settings either (I'm on 10.14.5).

Any clues as to how to get this working with Sarafi?
40 Replies 40

cprice1
Explorer | Level 3

I too am having this same issue. 

Using Safari (13.0.4)

Mac OS 10.14.6

I am signed in to Google and Dropbox with the same email.

Have tried private browsing, cleared cache. Followed the steps under 3rd party cookies and verified that cookies are allowed in the Safari preferences. 

Repeatedly receive "Cookie access failed" message (picture attached).

I did notice that everytime I have tried to create a Google Doc, it creates an untitled Google Doc in my root Dropbox folder, but if I try to open I get the cookie error.

Thanks @Daphne

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.25.38 PM.png

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey peeps, thanks for joining us here!

Apologies for the delay @KAPINNEY, can you just check within your Safari preferences that cookies are not blocked? You can check out the steps here.

Also, @cprice1, can you just confirm for me if you see your Google account is showing as connected within your account settings here?

Looking forward to hearing back from your both!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

simmenfl
New member | Level 2

Having the same issue. I tried setting my default browser to Chrome and everything worked fine as expected, so I doubt the settings are related to my Dropbox/Google account. Hence I concluded the issue is with Safari. I tried turning off "Prevent cross-site tracking" but that didn't do anything, and of course also Cookies are allowed. Also tried clearing the cache, private browser, etc. all didn't work.

Seems to be an issue with Dropbox & Safari.

Peter R.42
Helpful | Level 6

I'm having the same issue in Firefox as a few weeks ago - asking for access, solved by clearing cache.  It's nice to know there's a solution (for me, hopefully others) but kinda annoying to have to do and would be better if this problem hadn't suddenly started cropping up.  No real solutions in sight?

archambault84
New member | Level 2

Hello. I'm having the same issue as well.  Cannot login as it cites user authentication error and then cookies like everyone else here.  Incognito doesn't work.  I've cleared my cache and still doesn't work.  I've tried both chrome and safari and neither of them works for opening sheets.

I tried reaching out to support on dropbox and I'm awaiting word from the team on what I can do.  It's been about 8 hours since I've had that interaction and am still waiting for a resolution.  

cprice1
Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne, it says it's connected but saying contacts and calenders. No mention of docs. Is that the problem?Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.29.09 AM.png

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for all your updates here!

To have a better look into this, I've reached out to your emails @simmenfl and @cprice1. When you have the chance, please check your inbox and we can go from there.

If your account is showing as connected there @cprice1, then you should be good to go. We'll do some further investigation via email for this.

Also, @archambault84, I've passed along your comments here to your existing communication with our Support team just to keep them in the loop.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

archambault84
New member | Level 2
Great! Thank you, Daphne. Another update here for u too...I CAN access the files in sheets through chrome incognito, but not the regular chrome browser. It won’t work in a private browser or regular browser in Safari.

geoffNN
New member | Level 2

Same issue here, on Safari + Dropbox. Google account is linked to Dropbox account with the same email address.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, I hope you're all having a good day so far!

If you're not having any issues with Chrome in an incognito window @archambault84, then it suggests there's a specific browser extension that is blocking the action.

With a normal Chrome window, can you try disabling your extensions one by one to see if you can access your Google docs that way? The team will continue to look into the issue with Safari via your email communication.

Thanks for joining us here @geoffNN. Can you let me know if you have the same issue when using another web browser?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?