cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Docs + Safari - not working

Google Docs + Safari - not working

mstgrv
Helpful | Level 5

I'm trying to use Google Docs with Dropbox and I'm having issues with Safari.

I've created a doc, but when I go to edit it, Safari says:

"Google Sheets needs access

Google Sheets needs to authenticate your session. Please allow cookie access for Google Sheets by clicking here.

Learn more to allow access to third-party cookies."

So I click the "here" link to allow cookies, but then I get the following message:

"Cookie access failed

Without cookie access, Google Sheets cannot authenticate your session. Please allow access to continue to Google Sheets by clicking here."

Clicking "here" in this case does nothing.

Using Chrome, everything works fine, but I'm stuck with these errors on Safari. There's no 3rd party cookies setting I can see in Safari settings either (I'm on 10.14.5).

Any clues as to how to get this working with Sarafi?
40 Replies 40

hzheng
New member | Level 2

Hi All, 

Was just dealing with this issue and I seem to have found the fix. Essentially, Safari automatically blocks cookies and tracking when you open the google docs link from drop box as it is changing domain - a cross-site tracking. Hence you have to allow to be tracked cross-websites (a setting in preferences).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hzheng New member | Level 2
    apndavies Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    dpryan87 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?