cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Dropbox automatically re-adding my deleted files!

HELP: Dropbox automatically re-adding my deleted files!

Toni S.12
New member | Level 1

I have deleted files/folders as well as removing myself from shared folders.

However these have been automatically added back to my dropbox (without me going in and undoing this!!)

Why is this happening and why cant I get rid of my old docs? My folder is full but DB keep readding this back!

5 Replies 5

Re: HELP: Dropbox automatically re-adding my deleted files!

Lana P.1
Dropboxer

Hi Toni,

I hope you are well.

Reappearing files and folders usually occur because one or more of the computers that are synced are still accessing the folders.

You should delete the files from the Dropbox folder on the computer that's recreating the file. You can see which computer has re-added the file by going to the website and checking previous versions of the file.

Please see here the instructions for checking a file's version history.

Have a lovely day!

Toni S.12
New member | Level 1

It seems to confusion is with Dropbox on the web and dropbox on my computer - but no matter where i delete it from it is still coming back!

And some folders I am part of are shared and when I leave I am just automatically added back even though ive unticked the box to prevent me from being re-added

Rob M.51
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I delete files (lots of them) and despite my best efforts they keep redownloading. It's knackering my bandwidth.

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

What kind of files - what application created them?

Rob M.51
New member | Level 2

They're JPEGs (~2000 of them) used by Tap Forms (synched database). The only way I could stop it (I think, but it's been a few hours now, so I'm hopeful) was to delete the files using Finder on both iMacs and then log out of the user account and then delete the Tap Forms app on iOS. Then, using a different user account log on to Dropbox via the web and delete everything there too.

R

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rob M.51 New member | Level 2
    Rick M. Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
    Toni S.12 New member | Level 1
    Lana P.1 Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?