cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Promotion: Dropbox does not install

HP Promotion: Dropbox does not install

MaxD
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Recently I purchased a new HP laptop. When I registered through the Dropbox promotion it says "Installation in progress". I waited for several hours but Dropbox did not installed on my laptop.

I checked my Dropbox account online, but it is still 2GB. Could you please fix this problem?

MaxD_0-1613704814979.png

Thanks
7 Replies 7

Re: HP Promotion: Dropbox does not install

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @MaxD, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you let me know, if you open the task manager for your computer, do you see any activity going on there from Dropbox?

Or does the window appear to be frozen?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MaxD
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne,

Thanks for your reply. The window doesn't seem to be frozen or non-responsive. The loading animation was working but nothing was installed even after 5 hours.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @MaxD, could you try rebooting the machine to see if this helps, and try activating the promotion again via the app?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MaxD
Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Jay,
Of course! This is the first solution I tried! Surprisingly, I got the same results I explained in the firs post.

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you try updating Windows in case there's any security updates needed first, and then try the Dropbox installation again?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MaxD
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your reply but I don't believe it is related to such problems. I should mention that Windows was updated to the latest version when I tried to sign up for Dropbox.

My problem is not about installing Dropbox. The problem is that I signed up in Dropbox through the Dropbox promotion app and I received the confirmation email. I have access to my online Dropbox account so, I can install dropbox manually. However, if I do so, I may use my 25 GB offer.

Jay
Dropboxer
Would it be possible to contact you at the email associated with your profile to look into this further? Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?