cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP offer not working

HP offer not working

Liam463
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place. I've recently started using Dropbox and found that my laptop qualifies for the 12 months free 25gb of dropbox storage, and having tried to activate it on my laptop it keeps coming up with an error that I need to upgrade to a better web browser. I have always exclusively used chrome and it is set as my default browser. No amount of fiddling and faffing has resolved this, and I am only trying to add the activation. Does anyone have any idea how I can add the 25gb offer to my account?

Kind regards,

Liam

5 Replies 5

Re: HP offer not working

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @Liam463, let's see what we can do here. 

Just to make sure that we cover as much initial troubleshooting as possible, could you let me know if you've checked if your browser has any remaining updates?

If you have, could you try redeeming the promotion from another browser by any chance? 

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Liam463
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil, apologies for the delay in replying I have been working crazy hours! I have today updated chrome and even installed firefox, and updated microsoft edge and windows explorer and tried a combination of all three browsers and still get the same error warning and am totally unable to claim the 25gb offer for some reason. It still pops up that the browser is unsupported and I am unable to claim the offer no matter what I have tried.

Thanks again for your help,

Liam

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries, @Liam463!

Are you able to give this a try from an incognito browser?

If not, could you make sure that you don't have any pending updates?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Liam463
Explorer | Level 3
Hi again Lusil,

It won't let me open it in a browser it's almost like an application which is opened and then tells me to update my browser when I try to open it so I never get as far as a browser to even try and open it in incognito mode if that makes any sense at all?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for trying that out, @Liam463

I've sent you a ticket so that we can have a better look into this together. 

Whenever you have the chance, check your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?