cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Drive Full Message

Hard Drive Full Message

Taylor C.10
New member | Level 1

I an getting a Hard drive full message "referring to my local drive" I know.  When i go into my disk management tool my local 2TB dedicated drive has over 1TB of open/unused space one it.  I have uninstalled the local drop box app and reinstalled and after about 80% of syncing I get the same message again,  Thinking it was my hard drive I installed a new drive and formatted and still get the same message. I also am only using 15% of my total Drop Box storage so i know its not that.  Any Idea?

7 Replies 7

Re: Hard Drive Full Message

Mark
Super User II

Do you have multiple drives on your machine?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Taylor C.10
New member | Level 1

Mark,

I have two local drive on my PC first is my regular C drive aprox 1TB and a second installed drive thats 2TB. This drive in not an external drive.  My sync folder is set to my second drive

Mark
Super User II

Is your drive with programs on not full? 

Dropbox has a local cache folder inside your 'AppData' folder (usually C:) where everything downloads before it moves it over to the actual Dropbox folder. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Taylor C.10
New member | Level 1

Is there a way to change that temp folder location? No my C drive has 600GB of free space

Mark
Super User II

No there isnt 😞

No restrictions on network access etc?

Taylor C.10
New member | Level 1

></p>

Taylor C.10
New member | Level 1

On my network side of thing my computer is connected to our system threw a giga switch communicating at 1gb/s.  Our internet in the office is 150mb down and 50mb up.  Network setting in drop box are set to no limit on upstream and down.  LAN is enabled

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Taylor C.10 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?