cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a mac, can't open .doc or docx files in dropbox.

Have a mac, can't open .doc or docx files in dropbox.

Jan U.
New member | Level 1

I can't open either documents. I have Office 2011. Thank you for your help.

5 Replies 5

Re: Have a mac, can't open .doc or docx files in dropbox.

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

Don't use the web interface for that, use the dropbox folder that is on your computer.

Jan U.
New member | Level 1

okay, I understand your answer but the Dropbox is a shared account. (Not sure if that's the right vocabulary - it has a suitcase next to it?.) When I go to my Dropbox on my computer, I only see my personal Dropbox and not the shared account. How can I open the shared account inside my computer.

If this works, Rick M., you are amazing! Thanks.

Rick M.

To me "sharing and account" means two or more people login using the same email address. Now a "shared folder" means that one of the accounts invited others to become "members" in a shared-folder that presumably contains files of interest. If you receive the "invite" to the folder and "accept' it THEN that folder will appear Inside of your dropbox folder on your computer's hard drive.

The suitcase icon is a new thing/feature: look it up in the help system. (I don't get a suitcase, yet)

Rick M.

One more thing: make sure your dropbox icons appear correctly:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/154

Jan O.2
New member | Level 1

Hi Jan, is this issue solved. Because I experience the same problem and don't think it has anything to do with the web interface.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jan O.2 New member | Level 1
    Rick M. Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
    Jan U. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?