cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help_Decrypt virus has encrypted most of our files.

Help_Decrypt virus has encrypted most of our files.

Taj D.
New member | Level 1

We need to roll back Dropbox to earlier versions of all files to recover. The problem with the shared computer that had the virus has been solved, however, it had updated all the files in dropbox with the corrupted files. Tried using the events window on the Dropbox.com, but just get the rolling hour glass for over 12 hours without results.

5 Replies 5

Re: Help_Decrypt virus has encrypted most of our files.

Chris_J
Super User

You need to submit a ticket since no one here has that authority or tools to do that. You can submit Support Ticket https://www.dropbox.com/support

Also you can follow up with Ticket via zendesk
http://dropbox.zendesk.com

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Taj D.
New member | Level 1

My problem is that on the submit a ticket it requires an event copy, however, I can not get the Events page to come up with anything, even letting it run for 12 hours.
How do I get to communicate with someone who can fix this problem with the Dropbox.com page in our to submit a ticket?

Chris_J
Super User

Sorry, unless you are a Dropbox for Business customer, phone support isn't available. So the ticket system is your only support you have. Can you give an approximate time frame to roll back to. When you stated requires a event copy
what do you mean?

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Taj D.
New member | Level 1

I need to roll back to before 1PM 24 Mar 2015. When I click on the Events on my Dropbox.com page, it will only give a rolling cursor and nothing else. I have let it run for over 12 hours with no results on that page.
In the Support ticket area for these File types of problems, it requires a field to be filled in that copies the event from when I want to roll back too. But without the event page working to do this, I cant fill that field in and it wont let me submit the ticket without that field filled in with a valid Event copy.

Chris_J
Super User

Okay, I see. Can you give a different ticket and give this thread url for their review? I can give an Dropboxer a message to look at this thread. Sorry about the hassle but we will work on it.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris_J Super User
    Taj D. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?