cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help me prevent camera upload duplicates please.

Helpful | Level 5

I've set Dropbox to upload photos and video from my iphone to the "Camera Uploads" folder at Dropbox.  I've been keeping the photos in that same folder and moving videos out to another Dropbox folder named: "Camera Uploads Video".  This way, I can keep the photos folder "local" and the videos folder "online only" (to save hard drive space).  

For some of the videos, I may delete them or move them to a folder on my local harddrive for editing.

This is what's problematic: Dropbox will re-upload some of the videos from my iphone the next time it sync's (to the "Camera Uploads" folder).  It doesn't re-upload all of my videos, just some.  

Why is Dropbox creating duplicates?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Help me prevent camera upload duplicates please.

Super User II
Super User II

It shouldnt reupload duplicates, so, if it is theres something different about that file, it thinks!

It may be worth logging a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help with examples so they can check if its a bug. You can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?