cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to find my files again please

Help to find my files again please

Giorgos konios
Explorer | Level 3
I had a Dropbox account to my previous phone... I opened it and I am trying to enter to the app but I can’t... Also I can’t take an email to my email address because I don’t remember my password.. Please tell me what to do to take my files and photos back
5 Replies 5

Re: Help to find my files again please

Mark
Super User II

Why cant you enter the app?

In terms of forgotten password you can get a reset at www.dropbox.com/forgotten

If you mean you cannot access your email as you dont know THAT password then the only thing to do is get access via your old phone's Dropbox. Without access to the email account your Dropbox is linked to there is no way to recover the account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Giorgos konios
Explorer | Level 3
I made reset and I am trying to enter via my old phone app but it doesn’t accept and I don’t know why... is there a possibility that my files are all gone??

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @Giorgos konios!

Can you let me know if you have any issues signing in with your email and new password via the website here?

If you're getting an error message when trying to sign in via the app, could you send a screenshot (excluding any personal info like your email) of the error?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Giorgos konios
Explorer | Level 3
I am entering normally but it’s like I enter as first time... I don’t know... I think I lost them

Daphne
Dropboxer

If you follow these steps here, are you able to find/restore any files from there @Giorgos konios?

If you can't find any of your files there, can you let me know if you see any events in your Events page here?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?