cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Specific Folders from Recent/For You/Suggested/etc

Hide Specific Folders from Recent/For You/Suggested/etc

New member | Level 2

I have confidential files that I don't want popping up in my "recents" or suggested files when using both the app on Mac and on the web page. It's a security concern when working with clients if these files show up on my "recent" page.

Is there a way to flag specific folders so changes are not logged/notifications don't pop up in any location?

2 Replies 2

Re: Hide Specific Folders from Recent/For You/Suggested/etc

Dropboxer

Hi there @nicobellamy, thanks for joining us here!

At the moment, it's not possible to specify certain folders to not appear within "Recents" or suggestions and notifications.

Since we don't currently have this a feature within Dropbox, perhaps you can suggest this in our "Share an idea" section here. Other users will be able to upvote and share their interest in the idea too.

I hope this helps to some extent, let me know if you have any other questions - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Hide Specific Folders from Recent/For You/Suggested/etc

New member | Level 2

Please look around a little. I've left a long post on another thread about this, because what you aren't realizing, Dropbox team, is that this same topic has been raised in a dozen different threads over the past five years, again and again and again.

Worse, this is so basic that someone really ought to have thought of it without anyone's needing to suggest it to you. It's absurd to think everyone is happy to display a) all their Recent files or b) even worse, a tempting button that says "UNHIDE" (very few humans would not be overcome with curiosity and click on "Unhide Recents," right? So it is worse than just displaying the recents to everyone for miles around.

I've been a paying Dropbox user for nearly as long as this software has existed -- it's basically an excellent product -- but the design and software team's total failure to think about this issue in advance, or failing that to leap to fix it when we are all shrieking about it in different threads, is deeply disappointing.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?