cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Hide or remove the 'horrible' menu bar dropbox icon on Mac.

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I don't see the things like you. Dropbox is a special case since it's *only used by many people just because it is required by others applications to synchronise. That's why their icon is really useless in this situation.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Totally agree with tricky b. Put any settings in preferences and take that icon off my menu. I dont need to see it! Really! If you really need to tell me something, use notifications, just make sure I can turn those off too!

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

You're just not understanding how other people use Dropbox. My most important documents are backed up using DB - seeing that DB "busy" icon (my own redesign) reassures me that my document is being immediately backed up online. It's one of the very few menubar icons I refer to often.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Thats fine for you, then you would leave the menubar option switched on. All we asking is for Dropbox to be a considerate program and have what other apps have.. an option to take it out of the mu bar for those that don't want it in.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

I do understand you. It just didn't help that people like tricky seem to be asking for an "absolute" removal. But as you say, we should have the choice. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

They're intentionally forcing that menu bar icon on us for some reason. It's an easy option to implement and every other app I have has it.

Secondly, for those of us who do not use Dropbox at all and only HAD to install it because of apps like 1password, this particular lack of an option only adds insult to injury. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

+1 for the option to turn off the menu bar icon.

This seems such an easy thing to do, I really can't see why Dropbox don't do this...

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Please add the ability to hide/show the Dropbox icon in the menubar, and add a DropBox preferences application to System Preferences instead.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

+1! How has this still not been implemented?!

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

How u want people trust you and pay for ur services when your developers cannot even develop a so simple option, requested by the community ???

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?