cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access the desktop app preference settings?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have a Macbook Pro. When I click the Dropbox icon from Applications, nothing happens. On my Dropbox home page I don't have a gear icon. When I click the Dropbox icon from my side bar there is no Preferences option. How can I turn off automatic photo downloads?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Photo downloads

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @zipstarman,

Once you've have launched the desktop app from the Applications menu, you should see a Dropbox icon in your menu bar in the top right corner of your screen. 

However, for the next part, I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to there so please can you clarify this for me? You mentioned wanting to access the desktop app preferences which you can do by:

1. Clicking the Dropbox icon in the menu bar.
  2. Clicking the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choosing Preferences... 

Let me know - Thanks! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Photo downloads

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @zipstarman,

Once you've have launched the desktop app from the Applications menu, you should see a Dropbox icon in your menu bar in the top right corner of your screen. 

However, for the next part, I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to there so please can you clarify this for me? You mentioned wanting to access the desktop app preferences which you can do by:

1. Clicking the Dropbox icon in the menu bar.
  2. Clicking the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choosing Preferences... 

Let me know - Thanks! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?