cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add back a folder using selective sync?

How can I add back a folder using selective sync?

OCTOBERSTAR
Explorer | Level 3

When I set up Dropbox on my laptop, I only set it to sync a couple folders. Now I want to sync another folder that I have online - but I can't figure out how! When I click the desktop icon or launch Dropbox from my Start menu, it opens in Window Explorer. There are no specific setting options for Dropbox. Dropbox doesn't appear in my system tray at lower left either. Help please! TIA. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding a folder

Jay
Dropboxer
If it’s not showing there, and it’s not hidden in the ^ button, then it means that the app isn’t running.

Try re-installing the app again to see if this helps fix the issue.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, it sounds like you you’re running the Dropbox desktop application from the start menu, but not actually opening the preferences in the Dropbox app.

To open the preferences, look for the app in the menu bar or system tray, near the clock. Click the app, then the gear icon, and then Preferences, and then the Sync tab.

From there you can tick the folder you want to sync from the Dropbox site.

Hope this helps!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

OCTOBERSTAR
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay - thanks for your response. Dropbox does not appear in my system tray by the clock. (I said lower left above - I meant lower right.) 

Jay
Dropboxer
If it’s not showing there, and it’s not hidden in the ^ button, then it means that the app isn’t running.

Try re-installing the app again to see if this helps fix the issue.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

OCTOBERSTAR
Explorer | Level 3

That worked - thank you!

Jay
Dropboxer
No worries, probably the app wasn’t working as expected, so the re-install repaired the app.

Have a great evening ahead!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    OCTOBERSTAR Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?