cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the way my files open through the desktop app as I don't like the new interface?

How can I change the way my files open through the desktop app as I don't like the new interface?

BaltimoreVF
Explorer | Level 4

Is there any way to go back to the old interface?  One of the most common things I do is to copy a file's or folder's Dropbox link, but amid all the sophisticated bells and whistles now available, that simple process is not available.  (Unless you first click into my Mac's Finder, which is what the old interface already did in a single step.)   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I change the way my files open through the desktop app as I don't like the new interface

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @BaltimoreVF, thanks for posting today!

If you're using the new Dropbox desktop application, you can return to using Finder using these steps in the Dropbox desktop application.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: How can I change the way my files open through the desktop app as I don't like the new interface

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @BaltimoreVF, thanks for posting today!

If you're using the new Dropbox desktop application, you can return to using Finder using these steps in the Dropbox desktop application.

Hope this helps!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

BaltimoreVF
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, I am glad I had that option.  It still surprises me that all the things available when you Control-click a folder in the Finder would not also be there in the souped-up interface.  After all, I am talking about something generated by Dropbox itself (copying the file's or folder's link onto the system's clipboard).

Jay
Dropboxer

We appreciate any feedback about the new Dropbox desktop application, @BaltimoreV.

Glad to hear that you were able to return to using Finder on your machine!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?